1. DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FOR THE WORKSHOPS
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
- To capture synthetic key notions related to the gender issue in communication
- To learn to recognise gender stereotypes.
- To refine the ability to recognise and deconstruct stereotypes / gender biases active in communication.
- Reasoning about the social impact of gender stereotypes in mass communication.
With the help of positive and negative examples and communication campaigns, participants will have the opportunity to understand different dynamics at the basis of gender stereotypes in communication. The workshop will propose campaigns from different periods, developed for different communication means (newspapers, TV, social media), in order to provide a wide overview.
Participants will be invited to reflect on possible use of gender stereotypes and on how they can influence people’s perception. They will examine products commercials, advertisements and social campaigns: some of them have been awarded for their sensitiveness, while other have been perceived negatively by consumers.
4. PATH SHEET
Target: Young people from 12-17 years old.
Reader phase: 30 min
User phase: 30 min
Critic phase: 30 min
Evaluator phase: 30 min
Tools for face to face option: Different objects/PC and projector/Internet connection.
Tools for online option: PC/Good internet connection/Online platform for video calls in which we can moderate a discussion.