1. DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FOR THE WORKSHOPS
2. OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
- To Raise awareness and ability to evaluate the importance of gender- sensitive language.
- Make young people aware of how language is the main tool of socialization and how stereotypes and cultural models are grey points that depend on the language that is used.
- Help participants gain insight into the mechanisms and agents of gender socialization, their personal history of gender socialization. Encourage young people to develop their own critical intelligence with regard to culturally inherited stereotypes.
The “grey zone/area” is frequently used as a metaphor to denote very different situations but which share an ambiguity, behavior and / or state of the phenomenon, and consequently the difficulty of analysis and evaluation.
There may be many gray points in a GBV context: on language, on stereotypes, on cultural models, on mental patterns, on communication.Avoiding sex and gender-based discrimination starts with language, as the systematic use of gender- biased terminology influences attitudes and expectations and could, in the mind of the people, relegate women to the background or help perpetuate a stereotyped view of women’s and men’s roles.
4. PATH SHEET
Target: Young people from 12-17 years old.
Total length of the workshop: 2 hours
Reader phase: 30 min
User phase: 30 min
Critic phase: 40 min
Evaluator phase: 30 min
Tools for face to face option: Blackboard/PC/Projector/Pens/Different objects
Tools for online option: Different objects/Online tool for video calls in which we can share a presentation in the screen Paper/Pens / pencils for each participant