ACTIVITY 3: Critic “It’s just a comment”
Duration: 30 minutes
Tools for face to face activity: Video projector/Laptops or mobile phones/Internet connection/Papers and pens
Tools for online activity: Video conferencing tool/A blank shared word or presentation document to share ideas directly upon it (could be google slides, a google doc, jamboard etc.)
Brief description of the activity:
Through the use of various tools and media the students will be encouraged to adequately respond to a variety of questions, such as:
- Why do you think this post/ comment is a form of online violence?
- What do you understand from this comment/ post?
- Who is the target of this post/ comment?
- Who do you think this post is harming? And why?
- Do you believe the people who wrote those posts/ comments would have done the same in the offline world?